Monday, June 15, 2009

pt.2 Heart of Jesus infinite in mercy

After the Lord returned me, I just sat there dumbfounded. WHAT HAD JUST HAPPENED TO ME? I thought about it for hours, I believed in miracles but nothing like this had ever happened to me before. WELL ,THE LORD WASN'T FINISHED WITH ME QUITE YET! I finally went to bed and had strange dreams all night. The next morning when I got up I had the most overwhelming urge to go to confession, it burned within me so strongly I could barely stand it. I had not been to confession for many years but I got in my car and drove to a nearby church. When I got into the confessional I poured out my sins to the priest. Much to my dismay he said,"I am so sorry but I cannot absolve you." In my rush to get rid of my sins I had forgotten that I had been married outside the church. I could tell that the poor priest felt terrible about it because I was obviously in such a state. I ran out of the church crying, got in my car, drove down a dead end road and poured out my heart to the Lord. A feeling of great love came over me and I felt at peace. My husband and I did get our marriage blessed in the church and I was finally able to go to confession and receive communion. It was one of the happiest days of my life. THANK YOU LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment