Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Not Again!

The Lord has given me many personal words lately. Some of them make me laugh because I can so clearly see the truth in them. One of them was: Write less about yourself and more about Me :) Another was about blog fasting. The Lord doesn't want anything to interfere with my relationship with Him. I enjoy blogging, but even in this case I have to remember: God first. One of my faults is that I get easily attached to things. And yes...this includes blogging. So, I decided that once a week I will blog fast. As for writing more about Him:

Lord, help me keep my eyes on you. Continue to purify me so that I become more humble. I can see the heart fluctuations within me. Fasten my heart to yours so that everything is done for love of You. Our hearts cannot rest until they rest in you. I praise you and thank you Lord for giving me the gift of yourself. Amen.

P.S. [ lol!  it was all about me again :) this one may take a while!]

5 comments:

  1. I get attached to things too, I understand. Thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I need that constant reminder to focus on Jesus. Keeping my eyes on Him daily. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, it's a beautiful prayer :)

    I'm also attracted to blogging but haven't got all the time I would like to have to sit at the computer.

    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I totally empathise! It's difficult to find a balance when you could easily read like-minded bloggers all day.
    Thanks for the prayer!

    ReplyDelete