Tuesday, March 9, 2010

What is it with those numbers? 333,111,1111 and 911

I wasn't going to post today but Michaela is visiting a friend down the hall so I thought I'd sneak one in. Yes, it's about those crazy numbers again! What is the Lord's point, I wonder? I understand the 111 since He gave me a very clear dream and told me to ,"Read Hosea 11:1." Okay, so that one made sense to me - He is calling his children out of Egypt [which symbolizes slavery to sin, basically.] It is similar to the word I get that He is calling people "out of Babylon" [same symbolism, calling people out of worldliness and idolatry...back to Him.] Even 333 makes sense to me, that one was pretty easy to figure out. 11:11 is the most common of all - many people around the world see this number. Millions upon millions. It is a worldwide phenomenon that crosses all religions and cultures. Why? My guess is that the Lord is trying to get our attention. In the Bible, the number 11 signifies judgment. Is the Lord warning us that we need to clean up our act? Yes...I think so. Another interpretation of the 11:11 phenomenon is "the eleventh hour".  Either way, the Lord is trying to make a point here and is using millions of people to get this point across. Not thousands - MILLIONS from all around the globe. This is no mass delusion. I know plenty of perfectly sane people that this happens to. It is not a coincidence but rather a God-incidence. Which brings me to the number 911. Over the past couple of years I see the numbers 911 on such a frequent basis that it is astonishing. It is a daily event, not just for me but for many people, including my mom. WHY? I am going to go out on a limb here and give my viewpoint on this. We are in a state of emergency - both spiritual and physical. Worldwide. And the Lord is warning us. Strongly. If we do live in unusual times, should we be fearful? No...we should trust Him more than ever. Our life is in Him, not in this world. We are just sojourners here; our true home is heaven.

11 comments:

  1. Mary,
    I had never heard of the 111, 1111 before your posts. The 333 well- I often wake up in the middle of the night around that time. When I do I try to say the chaplet (don't always finish),
    God~incidentally~I posted my 333 post on Daughter of the King today. it was about Fr. Barron's new blog and one of his first posts is on the faithful's call to mission. Rather fitting in some ways.
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karinann,
    I do the Chaplet, too. See what I mean about the numbers? When Nancy used to have her lost ticker on her blog it went to 333 and then back again. The #'s on my one of my blogs urls during comment moderation ends with 333. My entry for The Mystical Rose on Catholic Mothers online was 1111. My battery run living room clock has stopped on 3:33 more than once. The list goes on and on. I have googled these numbers a few times and this same thing is happening to children, teenagers and adults throughout the world. It is very strange but I believe it is of God.
    I read your 333rd post and went and checked out his blog:) I'm going to add it to my blogroll.
    My daughter did a little math post on her blog, "The Rose", when I looked at the post after I got chills - again with the strange numbers. When I asked her why she picked those numbers she said she didn't know. She knows I call myself Mary333 but she doesn't know about the 1111. I thought they were awfully large numbers for a 6 year old to do math problems with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my experience, it's not the specific number but the pattern of numbers, and it's been a call to pray, so I tell God I love Him when the numbers come up. (It's kind of a game I play with my guardian angel.)

    BTW, I've been hit with the number 34 over and over and over and over again. Any idea what that signifies? I've tried figuring it out on my own but I'm stymied.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Philangelus,
    That's always a good thing to do :) I pray when this happens, too. Yes, a call to prayer for sure. I believe, however, that there is a deeper significance to these numbers, they appeared gradually over time. I am going to write another post about this because I've noticed a particular pattern forming.
    I have no idea what the number 34 signifies. I have never heard of this one. I do know that the Lord occasionally gives me Bible passages to read and He puts the chapter and verse in my head such as Wisdom ch. 7:7-11. Perhaps it is a Biblical passage?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just didn't some quickie research and 34 would be rendered Lamed-Dalet in Hebrew (left to right ordering, that is, not R-L) and Lamed has shown up a LOT in my life the last four years. :-b But I haven't come up with a word for Lamed-Dalet with my pathetic searching-for-a-Hebrew-word skills.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Philangelus,
    I tried that route, too, but it was too complicated for me to make sense of:) I know numbers stand for letters or words in Hebrew but I don't understand it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Letters also stand for certain concepts. There's a long story behind me and Lamed, but it's happened consistently and finally one day when I got frustrated, I mentioned it to my guardian and felt in reply, "That's a letter." So I got out a Hebrew letter chart and looked at them all and found the shape that matched the one I kept seeing, then read up on what it meant. (Lamed stands for learning/teaching.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, I am spanish, I am sorry because of my english.
    .
    I use this to translate my self: http://translate.google.com/
    .
    333 is a special number. Is the number of God.
    .
    Father Stefano Gobbi is a priest who had a private revelation of Our Lady. The priest founded the Marian Movement of Priests (in spanish "Movimiento Sacerdotal Mariano" I do not know how is the translation on english). He has a book with revelations of the Virgin which is entitled "to the priests, the favorite sons of the Blessed Virgin", in this book our lady speaks in one of his messages about the number 333 and the number 666 (The message: 17 de julio de 1989). She said that 333 indicates the divinity.
    .

    ReplyDelete
  9. PD: The all ways, I think the other numbers do not have a Christian meaning, but to be biblical quotations. I think not to be superstitious with numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Javier,
    Thank you for commenting about this. I still see these numbers all the time, especially 333, as do many people I know. I have heard of Fr. Gobbi and have read the first book but it was many years ago so I had forgotten about the 333 mentioned in the book. Thank you for reminding me of this. I ignore seeing these numbers for the most part for the reason you mention - I think it's best not to be superstitious with numbers (or anything else). I am a bit curious as to why so many people around the globe see these numbers constantly but think overall it's better to not pay much attention to them. I take the 333 as a call to prayer :) God bless you and thank you for writing to me about this!

    ReplyDelete