Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Immaculate Heart of Mary

June 20th is the feast day of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. I have a great devotion to the rosary and I believe that my family and I have received many graces through her intercession. My husband and I have been married for almost 15 years and for the first 8 years of our marriage I suffered from infertility. (I have endometriosis.) We wanted a child so much and I prayed many rosaries for this. I also did the miraculous medal novena and sent a letter to Medjugorje with a friend of the family asking Mother Mary to intercede for us. Well...it worked! Each summer we go to the beach for a couple weeks and attend a nearby church. While at mass one Sunday the the 1st reading was 2 Kings ch.4 verses 8-16. When the words "This time next year you will be fondling a baby son" were read, fire went through my body! My mother and I walked out of the church after the service, she turned toward me and said, "Mary, next summer you are going to have a baby. ''I looked back at her and said "Yes, I know.'' That October (during the month of Mary, one year from the time I had done the miraculous medal novena) I got pregnant. The following summer, one year after hearing that Bible verse, I was cradling a newborn baby in my arms! We named her Michaela after St. Michael the Archangel with the middle name Rose after the Mystical Rose (one of the titles of our Blessed Mother). Thank you Mother Mary for your constant intercession and thank you Lord for this most precious miracle!

2 comments: