Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Immaculate Heart of Mary

June 20th is the feast day of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. I have a great devotion to the rosary and I believe that my family and I have received many graces through her intercession. My husband and I have been married for almost 15 years and for the first 8 years of our marriage I suffered from infertility[I have endometriosis.] We wanted a child so much and I prayed many rosaries for this. I also did the miraculous medal novena and sent a letter to Medjugorje with a friend of the family asking Mother Mary to intercede for us. Well...it worked!Each summer we go to the beach for a couple weeks and attend a nearby church. While at mass one sunday the the 1st reading was 2 Kings ch.4 verses 8-16. When the words "This time next year you will be fondling a baby son" were read, fire went through my body! My mother and I walked out of the church after the service, she turned toward me and said "Mary,next summer you are going to have a baby.''I looked back at her and said "Yes,I know.'' That October [during the month of Mary,one year from the time I had done the miraculous medal novena] I got pregnant. The following summer, one year after hearing that Bible verse, I was cradling a newborn baby in my arms! We named her Michaela after St. Michael the Archangel with the middle name Rose after the Mystical Rose[one of the titles of our Blessed Mother.] Thank you Mother Mary for your constant intercession and thank you Lord for this most precious miracle!

2 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord.

    What a wonderful miracle.

    God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete