Saturday, July 24, 2010

Rotten potatoes are stinkier than rotten eggs!

We are back from the beach! I like going on vacation but I like coming home even more! AHH...it's good to be back. I spent all day yesterday packing and cleaning and all day today unpacking and kind of (ok... half-arsed) cleaning. At least I got to clean my fridge and freezer. They were disgusting! So was one of my cabinets - rotten potatoes stink! PHEW!  I let Randy clean up the potatoes...I was too busy gagging to handle that job. He didn't look very thrilled (smile) but probably figured it was better than the fridge. I was too kind to disabuse him of that notion, so, once again, Mary chose the better part (and it wasn't taken from her, either).

Today I learned that rotten potatoes are smellier than rotten eggs. Live and learn. Not bad for a day's work, eh? The school of life brings much useful knowledge Confucius say :)

I offered up the stench.

12 comments:

  1. Welcome back. We all missed you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Back! And I agree...potatoes stink terribly when they are rotten! My pantry has had that problem before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Victor and Nancy. It's good to be home - even if home did stink when we walked in! The potatoes were mush and we had to remove the bottom shelf and throw it out because it smelled so bad. Randy fixed it, though. Now I'll know to take the potatoes with me next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome home Mary, I hope you had a wonderful vacation......sorry you had to come home to clean and yes potatoes gone bad are horrid smelling........:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bernie! I was on your site while you were here :) Hugs to you, too! It was 11:11 when I read your message. It made me laugh because I know you see it all the time, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad for your return Mary. You have been missed. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back! Rotten potatoes are GROSS!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Came back for another read. Blessings to you Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You and your delicious humor were missed! I love that you offered up the stench :)

    ReplyDelete