Saturday, December 3, 2011

Sabbath Moments


Sabbath Moments is a weekly meme hosted by Colleen at Thoughts on Grace. Come check out Colleen's site and read some of the other Sabbath Moments linked there!

We've had very warm weather the past few weeks- Springlike with temperatures in the sixties! I've even been able to leave the slider open for a while each day! Usually by this time of the year it's pretty cold and I'm enjoying this gorgeous weather while it lasts. We are doing some house hunting. We've looked at a few houses in a nearby town and have an appointment to look at another one tomorrow. I hope it's as pretty as it looks online. It sits on a two acre lot and is just a couple of minutes away from a lake. After living in a condo for so long we are looking forward to having land of our own. Maybe I'll finally get a chance to plant a garden of my own (and that makes me smile) soon!

I'm caught between laughter and horror while writing the series on the seven deadly sins this past month. On one hand it's humorous how blind I can be, on the other hand I'm a teeny bit horrified by the amount of work still ahead of me. No wonder the Lord impressed the words "Put your hands to the plow" upon me because I have the sinking suspicion that I was sitting beside the plow in his eyes. Being a bit dense when it comes to where I am spiritually, it has even crossed my mind that I may have been laying down next to the plow. No doubt God thinks he's being pretty funny by inspiring me to post on the seven deadlies...He knew what I'd find. To be honest, I often find the means He uses to reveal things about myself (that I'd maybe prefer to ignore?) rather humorous too. I admire his gentleness.

Speaking of humor, I loved your new book, Victor! Thank you for all the laughs!

13 comments:

  1. Great series to write Mary. Hope the garden plans come about. Blessings to you dear one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary, after reading your post, I thought that perhaps I haven't even found the plow yet!! At least your next to it!! Your blogging about the seven deadly sins has been a wake up call for me.. so thank you!

    Good luck in your house hunting! May God bless you with the perfect house for you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with house hunting Mary! I pray you find the perfect place soon. And I have so enjoyed these posts and your sense of humor.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It amazes me how spiritually blind I can be at times too. My many sins of omission haunt me when they are finally brought to my attention.

    Happy house hunting Mary.

    Good post and God be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Mary for advertising my book here. Bless you. I really appreciate it.

    Happy house-hunting. I pray and hope you find something soon which will make you happy.

    God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope the house is everything you need it to be. I can just imagine all the new things you are going to find to write about if all goes well and you can purchase it.

    Your series on the Seven Deadlies has helped me a lot. It was a great idea to write it for Advent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary,

    When you walk through the door of the house that's meant for you, you'll know it! I hope you find it soon.

    Just lately I was thinking, "Hey! I'm not doing too badly, no huge faults." That was before I started reading your posts. Yes, God is laughing, laughing hard. I've got lots of work to do but that's OK. I'm remembering all that available grace you mentioned. And God is patient.

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you and your readers a blessed Advent, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Blessed Advent. I love your thoughts about the plow and your position relative to it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi everyone! I apologize for not responding to comments in a timely manner - we made an offer on a house and are knee deep in paperwork. Thank you for all your wonderful comments on house hunting! I think we found the right one for us provided the home inspection goes well :) God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praying the home inspection goes without incident! Or at least any that can be reconciled easily!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope all goes smoothly for you! And congratulations on the house!

    ReplyDelete