Friday, October 1, 2010

Sabbath Moments

Sabbath Moments is a weekly meme hosted by Colleen at Thoughts on Grace. These are moments that we live in the present and pay attention to the gifts the Lord has given us.

Randy, Michaela, and I went apple picking with my sister and her kids. We had a great time! The farm is only 5 minutes from my house and it's a great place for kids. We enjoyed a hayride out to the orchard and picked tons of apples. The hayride takes you by pumpkin patches and fields of flowers. Beautiful! We picked Honey Crisps, Macintosh, Cortlands, and Macouns. After we dropped our apples off at the car, the kids fed the goats and checked out the rabbits and sheep. There is even a hay maze at the farm made up of huge bales of hay that kids love to run around on top of and in. They had a blast! So did I :)

We didn't get pumpkins yet. We'll probably wait a few more weeks for those. The flower fields were beautiful!
Two of my favorite people!
Feeding the goats!

This guy's my favorite! The kids didn't like him much because he kept butting the other goats out of the way. Isn't he cute?!

Thank you, Lord, for a wonderful day with my family!

11 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you had such a good time at the farm. So that goat decided to push his way to the front? He's probably learned that's the best way to get goodies from the visitors! But it's good that your kids have learned to dislike bullies. :-)

    I love this time of year. The change of season, the scenery, the back-to-back holidays (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas).

    Evan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evan,
    This is my favorite time of the year, too! I love the crisp cool air of fall and the foliage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a delightful place! And thanks for sharing these BEAUTIFUL pics of your darling family! Never had a "Honey Crisp" apple..are they tart or sweet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy,
    It's a great place to bring kids! We go strawberry picking there sometimes, too. The Honey Crisps are sweet but my favorites are Cortlands. Randy and Michaela love the Honey Crisps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Colleen! This one was pulled by a tractor rather than horses but the kids didn't care. We picked sooo many apples! We made apple crisp and are going to make apple turnovers, too. The apple crisp was delicious and Michaela was very proud because she did all the work other than the peeling and cutting :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My previous comment did not get through ...

    Anyway, this is a great post Mary. It reminded me when we used to go strawberry picking at local farms.

    God bless you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you guys had an awesome time. It is a wonderful time of the year. Another gift from God and a great sabbath moment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like "bales" of fun! (sorry, had to)

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Victor, Dianne, and Michael,
    We had a great time! I picked hay out of Michaela's hair for an hour after we left :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Morning Mary

    This is just a quick visit to wish you a Happy Feast of St Fancis. May he obtain for you many blessings today and everyday.

    I hope your dear dad is keeping well. God bless you, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Breadgirl! I'm very fond of St. Francis :) I wish you the same!

    My dad is recovering well. Sometimes it takes a bit longer when you are elderly but overall he's making progress :)

    ReplyDelete