Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sabbath Moments



Sabbath Moments is a weekly meme hosted by Colleen at Thoughts on Grace. These are those moments when we "let go and let God" and live in the present moment.

Those of you who read my last post probably know that I am a great fan of the Blessed Mother and the Rosary. This week I have spent a lot of time with these beads in my hands. Whenever I am feeling troubled or down I turn to Our Lady and I have received many graces over the years through her intercession. These moments I spend with the mother of God are very special to me and I am thankful for her love and care.

I often pray in the car. Everyday, actually. Sometimes, I use this time to simply thank the Lord for the blessings in my life. I'm sure people wonder who the crazy lady in the car who always mumbles to herself is. I can't pray silently in the car for some reason. I usually end my car praying sessions with music. I even alter the words to everyday songs and change them into songs of praise. It's nice to be able to use activities like driving as opportunities to get closer to the Lord.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

9 comments:

  1. I pray in the car, too. It's a great way to use the time going from here to there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb,
    Do you pray out loud or in your head? Hopefully, out loud so that I am not the only one who looks as if she's mumbling to herself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I even alter the words to everyday songs and change them into songs of praise."

    I do that too!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great way to turn mundane activities like driving into spiritual experiences! :-) And don't worry what others think. It's just between you and God, after all.

    Evan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Victor,
    I can imagine you doing that! Some songs have the most beautiful melodies but the lyrics stink, so why not change them up a bit?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Evan,
    And it has the side effect of keeping me patient with other drivers :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank YOU, Colleen! I always pray the Rosary on long car trips, too :) So does my mom!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I pray out loud. I sing praises out loud. Really you cannot keep me still. Great post Mary! Amen. Thank you for sharing. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi JBR! We should have signs on our cars that say, "No, I am not talking to myself. I am chatting with the Lord of all creation."

    God bless you, too :)

    ReplyDelete