Friday, October 16, 2009

If you play with fire, you might get burned.

We live in a world where instant gratification is king. I can't walk into a bookstore without finding New Age books everywhere. These authors make gods of themselves and suggest that others do so, also. Their eyes are blind and the blindfold is pride. Various celebrities have touted these books as being inspired. By whom?
Certainly not by the Holy Spirit. He is the Spirit of Truth. Whenever a book leads away from truth and draws readers to depend on their own fallen nature we can easily see where the inspiration for these books comes from: the father of lies. Lucifer, in his pride, cried out,"I will be like the Most High." Look at the apple dangled before Adam and Eve,"You will be like gods." New age books always give themselves away at some point or other, usually with some form of pride similar to that which caused satan's own downfall. They can be downright dangerous if they draw one to the occult. Certain doors are meant to stay shut for our own protection. Those who dabble in the occult are playing with fire. And they just might get burned.

Lord, deliver our brothers and sisters who are involved with New Age and occult practices. Forgive them, Lord, they know not what they do. Pour your mercy upon these souls that they may be released from the chains that bind them. Heal them and set them free. I ask this in the mighty and all-powerful name of Jesus, at who's name every knee shall bend. Amen!

5 comments:

  1. During my years away from the Church, I dabbled in New Age. It got me off the hook for all I had done. I didn't realize this then, it all just felt good and seemed to make sense. What I realized after I came back to my Catholic faith was that what I liked about New Age was that I could have God on my terms not His.
    New Age is a slippery slope, by God's grace I never got drawn into the occult too deeply, but as you say even playing is dangerous.
    Our youth are especially prey to this.
    Thank you for posting about this.
    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment the other day to my post. Out of respect for the fact that you didn't share some of that publicly on your own blog I didn't publish it on mine. I will only if I have your permission. I appreciate that you shared the word God had for you with me. It resonates with the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this post! You are right it is dangerous, and it is everywhere! I have some friends who try to encourage me to read Eckhart Tolle. They can't understand when I tell them that I have no interest in his writing whatsoever. Our Catholic tradition is loaded with great and true books, why mess with garbage? I love your prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel,
    You can put it up if you want. Either way is fine with me. I was so happy to read your blog and know that I was not alone and that these things were happening to you, also. It makes me wonder how many others are experiencing this. Many, would be my guess. I think the Lord led me to your post that sleepless night, so, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anne,
    Yes, that was one of the books that I was talking about:) We don't need that, we have something far greater. Certain books are just confusing because they contain a mixture of truth and lies.

    ReplyDelete