Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A pillar of salt

The Lord doesn't like it when I dig in my past. "But Lot's wife looked back, and she was turned into a pillar of salt."    Gen. 19:26.  We are to forgive always and live in the present. That is not to say that we shouldn't learn from the past, just that we shouldn't live there :)  The Lord wanted me to print this for some reason....so I did.

Utterly Thine O Lord

Lord, teach us to always look at you, for you are the Eternal Present.  I thank you and praise you, O Lord, for this precious gift! Amen

3 comments:

  1. Good post! Maybe God wanted you to post this for me! It's been a big struggle of mine, but the more I work at it, the easier it becomes to let go of the past and live in the gift of the present time. Like all things, practice makes perfect ( I hope! :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, interesting anaology with comparison of looking in your past. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your post about Lot's wife. For the past several months many unfortunate circumstances have come to me. I find myself worrying and reliving the unfortunate circumstances saying "what if". Early this morning I was awakened with the thought of Lot's wife. I believe the Lord reminded me of the distruction caused by looking back. I thank you for your post. Just another reminder that following the Lord will always bring good.

    ReplyDelete