Sunday, July 26, 2009

Gift from God

My mother's name means "Gift from God" and she is surely this! She has received many graces and spiritual gifts from the Lord so I asked her to write for this blog and my other blogs also. Today she gave me her first post and here it is:

At the request of my daughter, Mary, I am sharing certain spiritual events in my life that have led me to believe [to know] of God's love and caring for us in a very personal and individual way.

I had been an "on & off Catholic" for many years before these things happened. [I started out as Greek Orthodox-having been baptized, communed and confirmed in that church. My father was of the Greek Orthodox faith and my mother was Catholic.]

About thirty plus years ago, I was at the beach, sitting with friends, and I heard the words "in my head"---" Taste and see the sweetness of the Lord." These words resounded in my head all day long. For the next several months, I tasted this sweetness in my spiritual life....thinking about God almost all the time [and loving Him with such a tender love.]

A few months later, I heard the words---" Satan has asked that you be sifted as wheat." As before, these words echoed in my mind all day. Well, the bottom fell out after this. [But this is another story for later.]

The following year, I heard [all day long] " Feed my sheep." I was very puzzled by this, as my family was struggling so much with health problems and lack of money [there were seven in our family.] We were living out the second word given to me [more about that another time.]

Later in the year, I heard the words ---" Little children, it pleases The Father to give you the kingdom."

As to the above, I did not write down actual dates---but I do remember the start of this to be 1976-1978.

When I thought about the words, they appeared to be stages [ both spiritual and actual.]

Dorothea

No comments:

Post a Comment