Friday, July 17, 2009

Truth

I love praying the rosary and the chaplet of Divine Mercy but there are times when I cannot pray formally. Sometimes I am going through a dry period, at other times He just wants me to be in His presence [or perhaps I should say...to remember I am in His presence since that is where we all are.] I know the dry periods happen to many people and I try to just wait on the Lord. What seems to help me through these periods is this:

I place myself in the light of His Truth and I speak heart to heart with Him about the great truths of life and then I meditate on them. One truth I like to think about is " I AM WHO AM." And He is. This never fails to inspire great awe in me. It also amazes me that we can call Him "Abba". I love calling Him "Abba", it always touches my heart that fallen human beings like us may call Him this! I place myself before Him just as I am [covered in the blood of Christ] sins and all because there is no hiding from His Truth. He is so gentle with us that even when He shows me my sins I still know His immense love for me.
Thank You Abba for sending us your son, Jesus, our Savior and Redeemer.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post,Mary. I do not pray formally very often outside of Mass and Liturgy of the Hours. I need the silent heart to heart prayer. Have a blessed Christmas if I don't get back here before then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Colleen. I need heart to heart prayer with the Lord, too. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete