Saturday, September 17, 2011

Into the Silence

Into the Silence
~~~~~~~~~~~

One foot in time

One foot in eternity

O, be still my mind

Be still my soul

For in the deepest silence

of the human soul

lies the peace which

surpasses all understanding

and in the quiet chambers

of a peaceful heart

time stands still

and eternity begins




"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10
 
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give it to you. Do not let your hearts become troubled or afraid." John 14:27

9 comments:

  1. So beautiful . . . need and want this quiet and this peace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this Mary.

    It is worth remembering at times when we're troubled that Jesus always welcomed people with the words: "Peace be with you!"

    It's so sad that this message of Christ's peace seems to have been diluted in modern day society.

    God bless, and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Mary for this. Heaven cannot come any sooner. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, peaceful words that do a soul good : )
    ~Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary, those are peaceful and calming words. I always need the reminder "do not let your hearts become troubled or afraid."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your lovely poem makes me think that peace is a frame of mind. Even in the hubbub of life we can be peaceful if we just stop for a moment and go silent within. If we're noisy within it's too difficult to hear the voice of God.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm silently rejoicing at your words quietly slipped into my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your comments, my friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is very beautiful and very moving.

    ReplyDelete