Thursday, June 21, 2012

About the Miraculous Picture of Jesus I Posted


One of the posts on my blog that people seem most interested in is the miraculous picture of Jesus I posted. It gets numerous views every single day. Recently, at Mass, I ran into the friend who gave me this picture and she gave me more information on it. Plus, yesterday, I found the printed page she had given me years ago which explains the circumstances behind the photo.

Luisa Piccaretta  was a Catholic mystic and you can read more about the Cause of the Beatification of Luisa Piccarretta at http://www.padrebucci.com/id4.html, along with other information about Luisa, including her connection with St. Padre Pio (no, I can't remove the Padre part...lol). Thanks to my friend, who painstakingly translated much of Luisa's writing, I have had the opportunity to read quite a bit about "The Little Daughter of the Divine Will". 

The picture was taken during a retreat on living in the Divine Will. Here is the story behind the photo:

At the end of three days of talks about the Divine Will, given by Fr. Gustavo (who has a number of her original writings) in Leon Guananjuato, Mexico, in closing, he celebrated the Holy Mass on May 25th, 1998 to thank the Divine Volition. After Holy Communion, the new children of the Divine Will pronounced their solemn consecration (their promise to live in the Divine Will of God).

One of the sisters was taking photographs. When she received her developed photographs she discovered what you now see, sharp and clear, without any touch up, of the photograph of Jesus, which shows Him with a beautiful smile. 

"I am the Divine Teacher, the Teacher of the Divine Will, and the souls who live in my Volition are my SMILE." (A locution received by the person who took the photo.)

If you carefully observe the region of Jesus' chest, you will see the silhouette of Fr. Gustavo, dressed with the priestly vestments when celebrating the Holy Mass, when he was raising his arms in the moment of the elevation of the Most Holy Sacrament at the Consecration.
                                               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My friend also left me another "explanation" of this picture - "this is from Vol 12, Jan 7, 1921"

“My beloved daughter, after the great sorrow which creatures are giving Me in these sad times, to the extent of making Me cry – and because this is the crying of  God, it resounds in Heaven and on earth - a smile will take over, which will fill Heaven and earth with gladness. This smile will arise on my lips when I see the first fruits - the children of my Will - living not in the human sphere, but in the divine sphere."
                                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Interesting. We all know it's about living in the Divine Will. This was the purpose of our creation. I'll more than likely post about this again at a future date. There has been a lot of controversy surrounding Luisa Piccarreta and some poor translations of her works over the years. Hopefully, in time, we will come to a better understanding of Luisa's life and "mission" here on earth. 



30 comments:

  1. Thank you for this Mary.

    I had never heard of this miracle.

    I remember being told a similar story about Pere Charbel, (now Saint Charbel). He was a monk in Lebanon. After he died the monks took a picture of themselves standing together in the Monastry. When the picture was developed Pere Charbel was seen standing amongst the other monks.

    Several miracles have been attributed to Pere Charbel and he has been canonised.

    Thanx Mary. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Victor! I love St. Charbel! I carry a picture of him around with me in my purse everyday and often ask for his intercession. He has become a favorite of mine over the past few years. Thanks for sharing this story! My St. Charbel picture is becoming quite tattered but I still love it. (I believe when he was exhumed his body exuded an unusual oil but I'll have to double check that. It's not that easy finding pictures of him, unfortunately (at least not around here.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid St. Charbel can not hear prayers from earth. He is probably in Paradise, resting from the pain in earth.

      http://wp.me/p3tGFm-cy

      The same with the virgin Mary. She has no knowledge of the things happening on Earth. Tell idol worshippers that hell is real, and that idolaters will not inherit the Kingdom of Heaven.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. ord8liv: JESUS is trying to offer these people salvation !!! He introduces Himself to them as the REAL "Divine Teacher." This is what they believe in: " She (Luisa Piccaretta) was a victim soul, who suffered for the salvation of others, for the reparation of sins," They actually believe Luisa "saves souls," that she paid for their sins with her sufferings !!! JESUS is trying to show them that only HE could die for their sins, and if they follow His true will (which is in the Bible), they will find God through JESUS Christ !!! In John 3, JESUS says He did not come into the world to condemn the world, because they were already condemned, but to SAVE us all !!! He is my Savior and Lord. I can only pray these people find JESUS as their Savior and Lord !!!

      Delete
    4. To anonymous. Ok, Protty 😀

      Delete
  3. I have never heard of this either Mary but it absolutely touches my heart! Thank you so much for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome, Colleen :) I find this picture beautiful! My copy was a bit rumpled as you can see but I scanned it anyway because it's still a very clear picture. The last time I posted it I didn't have all the information that I have now. It was given to me very soon after I mentioned to the Lord in prayer that I had never seen Him smiling. I was going through a very tough time (this was before my healing of the Myasthenia Gravis and I was depressed and overwhelmed by the burden of my illness). This picture lifted my spirit so much!

    A great big THANK YOU to my friend, Shelly, who gave it to me. She is a wonderful person who God placed in my life at the perfect time. I learned so much about God's Will from her. But that's another story altogether :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and I just wanted to add that Fr. Gustavo is a spiritual son of St. Padre Pio and actually has one of his gloves. Talk about blessed!

    I am a "spiritual daughter" of St. Padre Pio so this delighted me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello sister of Padre Pio. We have a Pio prayer group in our Diocese which have two first class relics and three second class relics. If ever in Cleveland Ohio area please come to our Mass.
      God bless
      brother Larry and Beverly Strauser.

      Delete
  6. Thanks, Victor. I just added it to my sidebar :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never heard of this before either Mary! Thanks for sharing, I can't wait to check it out!

    I love the smile on Jesus face, it is contagious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, DG, it's beautiful :)

    This is not what the Mystical Body of Christ looks like right now, though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful story and photo! Thank you for this. I needed it right now.
    ~
    Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mary, thank you for posting this picture. I love it! May I use it in a future post?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mary, I don't think I ever properly thanked you for the copy you sent me. Mahalo my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is amazing Mary. I've never heard of this miraculous photo nor the mystic. Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for this amazing image. I have used it on my blog regarding the Divine Will, livinginthedivinewill.info, with a link back to this page to explain the picture. God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  15. How beautiful His smile! So tender...
    Thank you, Mary for this gift!
    May The Grace of God stay with you!
    A special kiss from Brazil!��

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for the beautiful hope and joy of this lovely picture. It radiates what We need today unconditional love.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I strongly believe in the Lord Jesus, but I can't believe that that person might be Christ himself! It could be an actor who looks like Mr. Robert Powell, playing the role of Jesus of Nazareth in any film or TV show. The story behind that picture might be a fake news. We shouldn't accept as a faith dogma everything we read in social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Sir, this is British Actor Robert Powell and is a publicity shot for the film "Jesus Of Nazareth" !! This story is making a mockery of The Lord and is embarrassing !!!

      Delete
    2. How do we know Powell doesn't resemble Him?

      Delete
  19. Isn't this an image of the actor, Robert Powell, who played Jesus in the film, Jesus of Nazareth? This doesn't strike me as miraculous

    ReplyDelete