Sunday, June 10, 2012

A Love that Consumes


A post from my archives (June 2011) :

The Eucharist is truly the "Heart" of the Mass. When we receive Communion we are receiving the Heart of Jesus. A number of Eucharistic miracles have pointed to this fact over the years. Here is a link that speaks about one of these miracles - Modern Day Miracle of the Eucharist. As in Lanciano where the host was tested and found to contain heart tissue so, too,  in this more recent Eucharistic miracle the host that was studied was found to contain this same tissue.

We've all heard the phrase, "You are what you eat" but I'd like to point you toward another great article on the Eucharist called Christ's Unfathomable Love. This takes "You are what you eat" to a whole new level!

Thank you, Lord, for the gift of the Eucharist. That you share with us your own Divine Heart is indeed...unfathomable.



                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A post from my archives (Sept. 2009) :

I consume Jesus in the Eucharist and Jesus consumes me. His Divine Heart completely overwhelms this poor sinner's heart. No words could ever fully express the greatness of this Sacrament. We receive The Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity of Our Lord Jesus Christ! A Grace and Gift so amazing that it leaves me speechless at times. Just writing about it can move me to tears. We are truly living temples. Sometimes after receiving Communion I think, "How can this be? How can the Eternal Word  give Himself to us with such love and tenderness?"

Cradle Him in your souls, for this is a Love so immense and so all-encompassing it is beyond expressing in earthly terms. Still, these ancient words are beautiful:

Let all mortal flesh keep silence,
and stand with fear and trembling,
and meditate nothing earthly within itself.
For the King of kings and Lord of lords,
Christ our God, comes forward to be sacrificed,
and to be given for food to the faithful.
And the bands of angels go before Him
with every power and dominion,
the many-eyed cherubim, and the six-winged seraphim,
covering their faces, and crying aloud the hymn:
Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia


                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




                                                       "I gave my Heart to you."

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Mary for this wonderful post and for the links.

    God bless you always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I consume Jesus and He consumes me.." I could just stay with that one thought. I love reading and writing about the Eucharist, but always find it very humbling~especially the writing. The Eucharist is such an awesome gift.
    The words to that ancient hymn are also very beautiful. There is also a prayer/meditation by I believe, St Francis that is similar to that hymn. (Unless they are one and the same.)
    Thanks for some food for meditation today and God bless.

    ReplyDelete