Thursday, January 16, 2014

2 Beautiful Prayers to the Holy Spirit



A Prayer of abandonment to the Holy Spirit:

Holy Spirit, God of Love, be present to me; accept the offering of myself which I make to you. Receive these hands, these feet, these eyes, this tongue, and all my senses. Receive my memory, my will, my understanding, my desires, my sighs, the longings and the aspirations of my soul. Receive my every hour, my every moment, and all the happenings of my life. Holy Spirit, God of Love, knit my soul to you. Let your love possess my whole being - my senses, my powers, my affections, my very life. Let your love rule my labor and my rest, my going and my staying, and move me as it pleases. Let your love disquiet or comfort me, humble or exalt me, and burn away all my faults. Holy Spirit, God of Love, draw me to yourself. Do with me what you will. Nothing will cause me fear if only your love enfolds me. I ask confidently because your desire to give is greater than mine to receive. Transform me into yourself, so that I may no longer know myself, nor find myself, except in you.              
                                                                                                     Thomas of Jesus
                                                             
                                                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~          

Daily Prayer to the Holy Spirit:

Creator Spirit, come and visit the souls that are Yours; fill with heavenly grace the hearts that You created. You are called by the name of Paraclete, gift of God most high, spring of life, fire, love and the soul's anointing. Seven gifts are Yours to give. You are the finger of the Father's right hand. You, the clear promise of the Father, give men's tongues the grace of speech. Kindle a light in our minds, pour love into our hearts and uphold with Your unfailing strength the frailty of our human nature.
Drive our enemy far from us and give us always the grace of peace; so may it be that, with Your grace ever guiding us in this way, we may avoid all that is sinful. Grant that through You we may know the Father and the Son, and may we ever believe You to be the Spirit of both the Father and the Son. Glory be to God the Father, and to the Son, who rose from the dead, and to the Paraclete for ever and ever. Amen

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful prayers. Thank you Mary.

    God bless you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Victor. They are 2 of my favorites!

      Delete
  2. Thank you Mary for these prayers. I've never seen these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they beautiful? I hope you are well, Monica - I've missed you. I wasn't getting on the computer much for a little while but I hope to fix that :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful prayers Mary. Now quit slacking on your blogging. I'm giving you three awards this time. http://www.anabellehazard.blogspot.com/2014/01/move-over-golden-globe.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anabelle! It's good to "see" you. And bearing gifts at that :)

      But you're all wrong on the hair thing. Trust me.

      Thank you for the awards!

      Delete
    2. Quit slacking on your blogging... I agree! So nice to have you back, and congratulations on the awards!

      Delete
    3. But I get so many awards when I slack off, Sue! Lol.

      Delete
  4. Thank you Mary!

    This line really made me think *thank goodness*:
    "I ask confidently because your desire to give is greater than mine to receive."

    God Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michael,
      Oh I like that line too and I second your "thank goodness" :)

      God bless you too!

      Delete
  5. Thank you for sharing, Mary, they are beautiful. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Connie,
    I'm glad you liked them! God bless you too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary,

    I just love the imagery such as

    "You are the finger of the Father's right hand."

    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my favorite line in the prayer!

      I hope things are cooling down a bit where you live. Feel free to send some of that heat this way. It's BRRRRRR here!

      Thanks for visiting, Sue.

      Delete
  8. Thanks, Colleen! Hopefully I can sustain it more than a week or two...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mary! These are lovely prayers, and we all need the strength and grace that comes from God on the Spirit. It's a great way to pray myself into his presence today!
    I'm just back to blogging after a month off. I'm in a new blog space too. Now I'm at www.ceilryan.com
    Big move, but I am starting to get the hang of it.
    Blessed Tuesday to you!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations, Ceil! Your new granddaughter is adorable!

      Delete
  10. Holy Spirit You who make me see everything and showed me the way to reach my ideals, You who gave me the Divine gift to forgive all the wrong that was done to me, and You who are in all instances in my my life. I want to Thank You for everything and confirm with you once more I never want to be separated from You no matter how great the material desire may be. I want to be with you and my loved ones in your perpetual Glory. Amen < Make request >

    ReplyDelete