Saturday, August 20, 2011

Sabbath Moments - Hmmm...I surprised even myself


Sabbath Moments is a meme hosted by Colleen at Thoughts on Grace. These are the moments when we "let go and let God" and live in the present moment.

I haven't been posting much recently for various reasons. Yeah...some of these "reasons" have names and I'm sure many mothers can relate. My brain shuts down when there is too much noise...as joyful as those noises may be!  Sooo, I took a bit of an unplanned break rather than spill out all sorts of nonsense on my blog. After all, if you can't beat 'em you might as well join them. I surprised even myself! I hadn't gone inline skating for many years because of the Myasthenia Gravis but in the last 4 days I went skating twice  and didn't even wipe out once! I didn't dare try it last summer right after my healing because my muscles needed strengthening after years of minimal use - I was out of shape. They've grown stronger and now:

 Hurray! I can skate again!!

Something as simple as rollerblading or biking may not seem like a big deal to most people but after so many years of not being able to enjoy any sort of (fun) exercise... things like these are pure joy. Pure, unadulterated, joy.

Thank you, Jesus.

10 comments:

  1. Amen as you beging to enjoy simple pleasures again dear one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rejoice with you, Mary. I've been working on strengthening my muscles since my hip surgeries several years ago and I can do more than seven years ago when I was finally diagnosed with severe fibromyalgia. It's a real joy to be able to enjoy our bodies working as they should. For me, just being able to go out in the garden and gather veggies in the sun is a big deal, and then to have the energy to go to the library and find books I'm looking for is fantastic. God is giving you some very precious moments with your daughter. She will really treasure them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Colleen! Inline skating used to be one of my favorite activities and it feels good to be able to do it without feeling like I got ran over by a truck afterward ;) I had to give it up because it was too much but I'm having a great time now that I can do it without paying a heavy price afterward. We are teaching Michaela how to skate too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi JBR! It was very hard to enjoy much of anything that required movement before the healing. Let's put it this way - I've probably read more books than anybody in this world :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barb,
    I'm glad you've been able to enjoy activities like gardening again. To be able to get outside and work in your garden is a blessing for you I'm sure after the years of forced inactivity. It can be very depressing to feel trapped by a body that will not cooperate with you. Getting out of the house into the sunshine working with soil and plants is good for people (and fun too).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary, sometimes there are much more important things than blogging, like... inline skating with your daughter! So happy for you! God is good. May He bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. More books for you:

    http://catholic-books.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mary,

    Sorry to bother you about this. You set me thinking about Kindle.

    As you know, my E Books are available FREE from my website. Does Kindle download books from any website or do books have to come to your Kindle from a Kindle source? i.e. can you get my e-books from my website on to your Kindle?

    I know Amazon have a system for me to upload my books on Kindle and sell them to anyone. I don't want to sell - I want my books to be available FREE.

    Thanx Mary. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Victor,
    I'm not sure, I'll have to try and let you know. I read your e-books on the computer but I can't see why I can't hook up my Kindle and do it that way. I'll attempt it tomorrow evening after my niece and nephew leave.

    Thanks for the link, too :) God bless you Victor.

    ReplyDelete