Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Beyond measure

We should never be afraid to approach the Throne Of Mercy, rather our fear should be in not appealing to God's mercy. Sinners who know they need mercy and forgiveness are always welcomed with open arms, no matter how great the sins. Those who should be afraid are those who refuse the healing of the Divine Physician or don't believe they need healing. This quote from St. Faustina's Diary helps show the depth and breadth of  Our Lord's mercy and I thought it might help those in grave sin who want to turn to God but are afraid:

"My mercy is greater than your sins and those of the entire world. Who can measure the extent of My goodness? For you I descended from heaven to earth; for you I allowed myself to be nailed to the cross; for you I let My Sacred Heart be pierced with a lance, thus opening wide the source of mercy for you. Come, then, with trust to draw graces from this fountain. I never reject a contrite heart. Your misery has disappeared in the depths of My mercy. Do not argue with me about your wretchedness. You will give me pleasure if you hand over to me all your troubles and griefs. I shall heap upon you the treasures of My grace."*

I pray for everyone who visits this site. I may not know who you are, but God does :)


* The Diary of St. M. Faustina Kowalska
   Marian Fathers of the Immaculate Conception
        used with permission

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for this Mary. This is the 2nd story I read about St. Faustina today. God must be putting her story on my heart for a reason. She was so wonderful and I would love to imitate her, but sometimes I feel like such a lost cause, like I can never get to where she was. She's almost too perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the part where it says "Do not argue with me about your wretchedness". I do that a lot. Sometimes it gets so bad that I doubt my own salvation....I fear God will say "Depart from Me for I never knew you".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I just say to Anne the fact that you feel like that means you are closer than you think :)

    Thank you Mary. I went to Confession yesterday and it was lovely to read this today

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good point, pip and thank you for your comment!

    ReplyDelete