Wednesday, November 18, 2009

God knows

God knows all hearts. He knows us better than we know ourselves. This thought used to bother me, but now it makes me laugh. Sometimes I am tempted to try to pull a fast one on Him that I know just won't fly, especially when I don't feel like doing something that I know He wants me to do. I can immediately feel my brain begin thinking up reasons to get my way. For a woman of average intelligence, I can be a genius when it comes to self-justification. It amazes me sometimes. The thing is:
It is a total waste of time because He knows every thought I have.  This is what makes me laugh. I usually just throw up my hands and say, "You win, Lord", with a big grin.  I am not saying that I always do His will. I'm just honest with Him to the best of my ability. I have come to realize that this total knowledge that He has is actually freeing. The nicest thing of all is that:
He loves us immensely and if we trust him, we get to focus on His perfection and not our imperfections. True freedom is in Him.

5 comments:

  1. Mary, you are a genius! I love your final quote-"He loves us immensely and if we trust Him, we get to focus on HIS PERFECTION and not our imperfections." That's what I need to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary,
    I love this! I too am a master at self-justification. Thanks for this lovely reminder that we can't put one over on the One who knows us better than we know ourselves.
    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fact that I can be totally honest with God because I know He already knows anyway. There certainly is, as you wrote, something entirely freeing about that. What's even better is the fact that I know...the He knows...and He loves me anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very true. We would love to fool our selfs with thinking we can pull the wool over God's eyes. When we are just pulling it over our own. Your last statement says it very well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah Mary...THAT'S the grace in Reconciliation, don't you think? God is with us always, "I usually just throw up my hands and say, "You win, Lord", with a big grin. I am not saying that I always do His will. I'm just honest with Him to the best of my ability." thank you sooo much.
    peace

    ReplyDelete