Saturday, November 14, 2009

Sabbath Moments

Thoughts on Grace: "Sabbath Moments Meme"
This Saturday, I am once again joining Colleen at Thoughts on Grace for her Sabbath Moments Meme:
A way of taking time to live in the present moment and just be. Sabbath Moments can be planned or may just come upon us. I try to plan these moments but have noticed that the ones that stick in my head most often tend to be unplanned.

Moments of grace can be found and noticed every day of our lives. Even during illness these moments can strike and catch you off guard. Some of these moments occurred this past week while Michaela was ill with the flu. She has been sick quite often lately; the viruses seem to be hitting one right after the other.

When my daughter was younger, I used to rock her every day in my favorite rocking chair, but these precious moments have become fewer and far between as she is growing older. She is still a cuddler, but we don't tend to sit in the rocking chair very much. This has changed the last couple of weeks. She has crawled on my lap and asked me to rock her almost daily. Some days we just chat, other days I read to her. I  have been looking forward to these moments because ....I am blessed to even have this child after so many years of infertility. In the summer of 2002, the Lord gave me [and my mom] a "word" that I would have a baby in one year. I knew that the word was good so I went out and bought a pair of baby socks and pinned the word to it. I still have that pair of socks :)  Whenever I look at them, I am reminded of the Lord's goodness and whenever I rock Michaela, I reflect on what a miracle and a blessing she is.

Thank you, Lord, for my beautiful Rose.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you, Colleen:) Yes, she truly is a blessing and I thank the Lord for her. Rocking a child is a great Sabbath moment for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely story about your lovely daughter. God bless you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary,
    Thank you for sharing these beautiful precious moments with us. Hope Michaela is feeling better!
    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karinann,
    Thankfully, she is feeling much better:)

    ReplyDelete