Monday, November 9, 2009

A silent void

Truth is very important to me. By this statement, I mean the great truths of life. I have noticed in our days that truth has been replaced by grayness. Nothing is black and white anymore. If you speak the truth you are considered judgmental. Since when is speaking the truth judgmental? Aren't we all called to live in the truth?
If I call abortion, murder, I am judging or so I am told. Who am I judging may I ask? I am simply making a truthful statement: abortion kills a baby, therefore it is murder.

If a person robbed a bank and I said, "Wow! That person just robbed a bank!" Am I judging or just stating a fact? I am not judging the person, I am speaking the truth. Speaking up is not politically correct anymore. Well, since I am not politically correct I might as well take this one step further:

Abortion = murder. Jesus and his apostles were quick to speak up about injustices. When we don't speak out about injustices and evil [such as abortion], our silence speaks volumes about ourselves. The silence on the abortion issue is deafening and in this case :  Silence is deadly. 

"Consecrate them in the truth. Your word is truth. As you sent me into the world, so I sent them into the world. And I consecrate myself for them, so that they also may be consecrated in truth."   Jn 17:17-19

O Author of Life, please heal our country and the world. Pour your light into all hearts that abortion may be seen for what it truly is. Grant the grace of repentance to all who have committed this sin that they may be forgiven and receive your healing touch. I cover them all with the Precious Blood Of Jesus and I ask this in His Name. Amen

Utterly Thine O Lord!

6 comments:

  1. Only the ones who disagree with you or are covered with guilt would call you judgmental. Those who know the truth would only agree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of people don't really understand what being "judgmental" means. I explain it this way: Saying that someone's behavior is wrong but still loving the person, treating them respectfully and kindly etc is how we as Christians are supposed to act. Saying someone's behavior is wrong then condemning the person, belittling then for what they've done (as in calling them "baby killers etc. if they've had an abortion or are abortion doctors) and treating them generally in an abusive or cold manner ...-that- is being judgmental. Being judgmental is a state of the heart and mind. It is a state of condemnation of the person in addition to the behavior. It is forgetting that -we- were yet sinners, Christ died for -us- and that we are called to love our fellow human beings with that same love even while acknowledging a sinful choice or behavior.

    I hope I worded that right. I know what I'm trying to say but I'm not sure I said it well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel,
    That sounds right to me. Hate the sin, love the sinner :) I got a reply from my state senator saying that he votes pro-choice because he would not presume to judge those who have abortions. My entire church sent out letters because we want to end abortion not because we want to play judge and jury. I always pray for women who have had abortions. God loves each and every one of us:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, Thank you for this post. I have felt compelled to speak up against some things going on in my parish that were opposed to the faith. I find it hard, because I get angry at what I've seen, and it is hard to separate the (human) anger at those who promote anti-life views with the need to defend the truth. Even the good things we try to do are tainted by our faults.

    Another Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I join you in shouting out loud that abortion is MURDER! There's no way out.

    ReplyDelete