Saturday, November 28, 2009

Sabbath Moments

Thoughts on Grace: Sabbath Moments Meme:  Colleen has a lot of company, but I am going to have my Sabbath Moment ready just in case. Sabbath Moments is a weekly meme where you can share special God-moments with other bloggers. You can find out more about this meme at Colleens blog which is linked above. I planned my Sabbath moment this week. On Thanksgiving, I went to an early Mass by myself and then spent an extra hour praying. I wanted to make sure that I had plenty of time to spend with Him and to thank Him on this special day. I knew the rest of the day would be fun, but busy, so I put aside a little extra time in the morning to spend with Him and I am glad I did. The Lord has truly blessed my family and I.

Thankgiving was especially nice this year because the entire family came, my brothers and sisters and their families were all there. We get together often throughout the year but usually someone can't make it. This time everyone made it. We gather at my parents' house and everyone brings something. Michaela had great fun playing with her cousin who is close to her age. Our next family get-together is Christmas, I'm already looking forward to it:)

4 comments:

  1. I usually dread this time of year because of all of the work involved, but for some reason, I am really looking forward to Christmas this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful Sabbath Moment! There's something SO SPECIAL about being in Church alone with the Lord!!! (without the rest of your family, I mean...)I just love kneeling all alone in front of the Tabernacle and praying for my family! Thanks for sharing your special time with us Mary! Glad you enjoyed your Thanksgiving celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy,
    Yes, I love every quiet moment I can get with the Lord, also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colleen, thank you for hosting this meme :) It is a reminder to me to place myself in God's hands and live in the present moment.

    ReplyDelete