Monday, November 16, 2009

"I have given you the king you have requested."

" I have given you [America] the king you have requested." This word came upon me last month and almost daily since then. I kept ignoring it but the more that I ignored it, the more it would come to mind. Therefore, I am printing it so that I can move on to other things. That's the way it seems to work. What comes to mind when I have mulled over this word is 1 Samuel ch. 8. The people hounded Samuel for a king and God granted their request, with a warning attached. The Lord also told Samuel, " It is not you they reject, they are rejecting me as their king."

Because we have free will, people often make choices that are not good for them and then we reap what we sow. There is a difference between God's permitting will and God's perfect will. What have we sown, America? And what will we reap from this harvest? Justice and mercy walk hand in hand. A world without justice would be utter chaos. The Lord is allowing us to see the consequences of our actions or so it seems. I have to say that I have yet to see positive "change" come to our country. Most of the change that I have seen lacks wisdom and some of it is downright evil and is harming millions physically and spiritually.

Please pray for our country and it's leaders. Pray that the Lord's wisdom may come upon them and that they may turn from the paths they are walking on. I am praying for America and our president and government officials that God may send them the light to be true leaders who serve us well, not self-serving leaders.

8 comments:

  1. America, America, do you really think you will survive without God? Do you really think you are so great that you can do without Him?

    I was hoping that America would learn from the mistakes of old Europe but ...

    Oh well, as you say, we can only pray! ... at least, I can pray for you Americans but you all must act and vote and speak up!
    (I'll do the same here in my country) :)

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gabriella,
    America needs the Lord in a big way. I vote, write letters, speak up, but I seem to be in the minority, plus our government officials are ignoring us and doing what they think is best regardless of the mayhem they are creating. Still, the battle can be fought on a spiritual level:) I will pray for your country, also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary,
    I had this similar thought back when Obama was elected~God has given this country what it asked for and deserves. Prayer and penance is the only way to turn things around.
    Thanks and God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karinann,
    Yes, I agree. We can do what we should as citizens of this country but prayer, penance, and fasting is the best way to obtain the grace of conversion for America and the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary,

    it feels like an impossible battle to overcome when within our own faith we battle. Our Catholic politicians deny their faith because they believe it is their job to serve "the people". Are we not people as well?

    Prayer, penance and fasting...

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very sobering reminder of the power and consequences of our free will. Thank you, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anne,
    Politicians seem to have forgotten that they are public servants. They are supposed to serve us, but they expect us to cater to THEM. Our Catholic politicians need to take a good look at their values for many of them are way out of line with the Church.

    ReplyDelete
  8. pip,
    Free will is a blessing that can cause havoc when it is misused. I know that we all sin, but not everybody cares if they sin or not. I am glad that there are still a lot of people who love the Lord, it gives me great hope for the future:)

    ReplyDelete