Saturday, February 6, 2010

Sunday Snippets-- Suffering in Christ

Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival is a weekly meme hosted by RAnn at This That and the Other Thing. Sunday Snippets is a chance for bloggers to share their favorite posts with others. Anyone can participate: Choose the posts you would like to share and then sign Mr. Linky at RAnn's Blog. Remember to leave a link to RAnn's blog on your post, also. Lent will soon be upon us so this week I am sharing two posts about suffering that I wrote a while back. The first one is:
http://openingthefloodgatesofmercy.blogspot.com/2009/09/stepping-stone-not-stumbling-block.html  
The second is:
http://openingthefloodgatesofmercy.blogspot.com/2009/07/suffering-in-garden.html

I do speak to God about my illness and suffering but I try not to grumble in my head about it. Grumbling is a quick way to ruin a good day :)

3 comments:

  1. That's a very wise insight Mary. Grumbling whether silently or out loud, does ruin a day. It's much better to keep a positive outlook and praise God for His many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was going through a particularly difficult time, a wise priest used to tell me, " Stretch out your arms and let them put the nails in your hands." His words helped me to see my suffering in a whole new light, and to see Our Lord in every moment of it; it also helped to put it all in perspective. Everything is grace, and everything comes from Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kindred Spirit,
    That's beautifully worded! I used to ask the Lord to heal me, now I trust that God is using this illness for a greater good. He has blessed me to see some of the fruits of the unification of my suffering with the Lord's. God bless you and thanks for commenting :) I, too, believe everything is grace.

    ReplyDelete