Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sabbath Moments - It's a deal!

Colleen at Thoughts on Grace hosts a weekly meme called Sabbath Moments. These are moments that we spend with the Lord and rest in Him. They can be planned or may catch us by surprise. I wasn't feeling very well this week so I only managed to make it to Mass three times. Wednesday was one of the days that I did manage to make it. I go early on Wednesdays because we pray the Rosary before Mass. On my way into the Church, much to my delight, I met up with a family friend whom I love dearly. She was like a second mother to me when I was growing up, I've known her since I was a baby. We talked for a while and then sat together in the Church to do the Rosary. I had never prayed the Rosary with her before, though I've sat with her at Mass here and there over the years. This moment just sticks in my head - I love her whole family and always will. I call her my aunt though there is no blood relation. She's funny, sweet and it's impossible not to feel happy in her presence. We have a deal going - if she dies first I pray her out of purgatory, if I die first, she prays me out. Not that I have any intention of going there, mind you, it's one of those just in case things. I have asked the Lord to give me my purgatory on earth and I'm pretty sure that He is answering this prayer ;)

Oh, yeah...I forgot to mention that I have the same deal going with my dad :)

10 comments:

  1. Mary, how wonderful to have someone like your family friend in your life! What a blessing! Thanks for joining me every week in this meme! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen,
    Thank YOU for hosting this meme. It reminds me to focus more on these beautiful moments that God puts in our lives whether through family, friends, nature, prayer, etc... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://prayer4thejourney.wordpress.com

    That's where I'm at. Learning a whole new process to blogging . . . I'm trying to get 'round to as many as I can this AM, but i have to stop so I can have some coffee. My jaw (TMJ) is bad today and I really need to relax. HUGS and God bless you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah,
    Relax and enjoy your coffee :) I'm sorry your jaw hurts [a few ibuprofen won't kill you, trust me on this one;) ]. I added your address to my sidebar, thanks for letting me know. I'm
    glad your dad is a bit better. Hugs to you, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary,

    I hope you're feeling better today.

    I have responded to your comment about my book "Visions" on my Blog.

    God bless you Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like it was a divinely planned meeting to put some cheer in a painful week for you. She sounds like a wonderful person!
    God Bless your week next week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How blessed you are to have such a friend! Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Victor,
    Thanks! I'll go take a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lynn,
    I left Church feeling very cheered up :) I hope You have a great week, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Mary :) I hope you enjoyed your company this week.

    ReplyDelete