Monday, March 8, 2010

A short break

I might take a few days off from blogging. I didn't realize how much fun it would be working on a website instead. I can say a Hail Mary, push a button and amazing things happen ;) Who knew?! To put in a link I only have to type in the URL and right click and VOILA! a link appears. I'm just fooling around with it for now to see how it works. I actually registered two domain names and am having a blast fiddling on the sites. You can even add a chat room if you want and various other gadgets. I haven't hit those buttons yet because I can't find one that says delete. I won't touch the big red one, either. That one's for emergency  use only. It blows up your computer after all the hairs on your head are pulled out.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, neat! Is this a business venture or personal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy,
    It's for the Lord. If I can figure out how to build it properly I'd like to make a large Christian blogroll and prayer site on it. I made a little blogroll on blogger but I'd like to have large site that lists blogs and websites for Jesus. It would be even better if I could place the sites in separate categories covering various aspects of our faith. It's more complicated than I thought, I guess it's going to be up to God whether it gets done or not. I didn't think I could blog because of my lack of computer skills but the Lord worked it out anyway so maybe he will do so again :) Either way, it's going to take a while because I have a job and family also but I can peck away at it over time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colleen,
    Yeah, you know me and how computer illiterate I am, you've helped me various times with this. Which, by the way, I appreciate :) But it is fun, when I get frustrated... I get off. I hope you are feeling better today. I'm going to pop over to your site right now and check.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shadowlands,
    A chat room would be great :) The only problem is:
    Someone would have to monitor it and there is only me, myself and I. Me has to work, myself has to take care of a young child and I has a lot of work to do, also ;) Maybe the Lord will work something out, I place it in His Hands. I already added the site onto my sidebar. If you click on it you can see that I haven't gotten very far on setting it up. It is more time consuming than blogger but it is fun to see how much a website can do versus a blog. There aren't that many official Christian website and blogrolls, do you think a large one that covers various aspects of our faith would go over well? Like having separate categories such as: Apologetics, Prayer Sites, Family and Faith, etc...?

    ReplyDelete