Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Testing! Testing! ...123

"And I will make you toward this people
   a solid wall of brass.
Though they shall fight against you,
  they shall  not prevail,
For I am with you,
  to deliver and rescue you, says the
       Lord"                Jer. 15:20

Suffering stretches the soul. I don't know how or why it works...but it does. I have seen this at work in my own life and in the lives of others. Maybe I should rephrase my first sentence - suffering in Christ stretches the soul. Wide. You can even see this in the lives of the saints. Every single one suffered, some immensely. We all do...suffering is universal. Suffering in Christ opens the floodgates of His Mercy and each time we walk with Him through the dark valley of pain, hurt, and fear, we emerge stronger than before...ready to climb the next mountain. For our lives are filled with valleys and mountains and we must walk through some rough terrain. We cannot do it alone; this leads to despair and hopelessness. We must walk through these valleys holding Christ's hand. Alone, we would fall into every pit and hit every land mine. Jesus is our strength...our beacon in the night. He will not fail to bring us safely home. Trust Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment