Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Beloved

" They will look upon him whom they have pierced." John 19:37



The Beautiful Gate


The Cross beckoned
"Come to me, all who are sorrowful and suffering."
I crawled beneath, gazed at thy Beautiful Face;
the tangled blood-clotted waves of thy hair
streaming in the bitter wind
I peered into eyes filled with love and pain
Like a beacon in the night they rested upon me
Bloody tears rained their sorrow upon this proud head
I kneeled beneath Thy pierced side
Blood and water poured down on me
I drowned in a sea of Mercy
The veil in the Temple split in two
And I, crippled
Entered the Gate
Called....
The Beautiful

6 comments:

  1. Mary, this is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing it! You are a beautiful soul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Anne. I think the same of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me of when I watched the Passion of the Christ. At the end when the soldier pierced Jesus' side, and the blood and water abundantly flowed out of Jesus, I prayed to be under that water being refreshed in His mercy and forgiveness. Such a wonderful experience for me.
    God bless your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Linda! That was a great movie. The soldier that pierced His side was converted almost instantly. It goes to show the power of Jesus' mercy. Amazing, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe inspiring.

    Sometimes I just sit in church before the cross, alone in an empty church, and just cry.

    ReplyDelete