Thursday, August 13, 2009

Divine Mercy

" ...but one soldier thrust his lance into his side, and immediately blood and water flowed out."
John 19:34

From the Diary of St. M. Faustina Kowalska:
299
"The two rays denote Blood and Water. The pale ray stands for the Water which makes souls righteous. The red ray stands for the Blood which is the life of souls...
These two rays issued forth from the very depths of My tender mercy when My agonized Heart was opened by a lance on the cross." *


Ever since I was in the presence of The Divine Mercy this book has fascinated me. Though I knew that I was in His presence and that He was flooding me with mercy, I did not understand why the rays that pierced my soul were two different colors. Until I read St. Faustina's Diary.
Then, I knew what a truly precious gift I had been given.


* The Diary Of St. M. Faustina Kowalska
Marian Fathers of The Immaculate Conception
used with permission

No comments:

Post a Comment