Sunday, August 30, 2009

Through the eyes of a child

Last night I babysat my niece and nephew. I asked my niece if she would like to do a post on my blog. She said yes. Her 1st post is about Jesus:

God made everything. He is in Heaven and in our hearts. He sent his son to the earth through Mary. Jesus - obviously he's nice cause he's never mean. He healed lots of people and no matter what he was never afraid. Even if the person had that really bad disease. ("What was that really bad disease called, Aunty Mary?") Yeah, leprosy. He healed anybody who asked him. Jesus doesn't like sin but He forgives easily.

Bad men arrested Jesus. They put Him in a room and took a spiked whip thingy and beat Him with it. He was screaming in pain. Carrying the cross hurt Him very badly. They whipped Him to go faster. The cross was really heavy.

The men laid the cross down and made Him lie on it. His feet were crossed in front of each other and they nailed his feet then his hands.They stood the cross up between two others. One was a thief but he was very, very sorry for what he had done. He went straight to heaven.

Jesus was thirsty. They tried to make Him drink something. Mother Mary was there. Do you have to watch your son getting whipped and nailed to a cross! She was sad and broken-hearted. Mary and another woman were sobbing into their hands. Jesus died.

After that, He got carried and they put a cloth over Him and put Him in a tomb. On the third day He rose. He died to save us from sins so we could go to heaven.

6 comments:

  1. Awwww! Beautiful post! Give the little cherubs a hugs from me.

    Such a good Aunty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Mary! Isn't it amazing how kids get it?

    I keep forgetting to tell you that the cat from my poem wasn't mine-we are a petless family-but our neighborhood is rife with strays.

    Keep up the great blog, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also forgot to thank you for the great comment on my post-Joy is greater when it surprises us! I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Out of the mouths of babes! I was amazed at her insight. Especially when she spoke of Mother Mary under the Cross.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard homilies that weren't that wise.

    So often we make our faith complicated. Perhaps we should look at Jesus through a child's eyes more frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue,
    I agree. I was proud of her! Wait till you read her next one. It was both funny and deep for a child.

    ReplyDelete