Wednesday, August 19, 2009

" Prepare the Way "

After much prayer and thought, I have decided to write this. A couple of months ago, my mother received a "word". The "word" was "Prepare the way". Usually, I get an instant confirmation in the spirit when she gets these. This time, I did not.

That night when I went to bed, I had three dreams:
In the first dream, my mother (I believe this is symbolic of Mother Church) was holding something in her hands and singing the song "Prepare the way". I woke up with a start and heard these words in my head, "Confirm this to your mother." I said, " Lord, I don't know what she was holding in her hands." The Lord spelled out, V-E-L-L-U-M, in my head. So I said, "O.K., Lord, I will tell her." I figured I could just Google VELLUM the next day.
I went back to sleep and had a second dream. In this dream, my mother was holding a pillar and again singing, "Prepare the way". I woke up and heard, "Confirm this to your mother."
I went back to sleep and had a third dream; In this one, my mother was walking down the center aisle of a church. She was holding a banner and again singing, "Prepare the way". I woke up and heard, "Confirm this to your mother." I told Him I would.

The next day I googled the word VELLUM. Vellum is a parchment made out of calf or lambskin. I also confirmed my mothers word.

A couple months later, on a Friday, I was at Mass listening to the Gospel reading. When the priest spoke these words ,"Amen, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His Kingdom", I felt like a bolt of electricity had struck my body. Why? I don't know. Why the dreams? I don't know.

Thy will be done, Lord.

8 comments:

  1. Mary -

    Beautiful reflection. I lost my mom many years ago (my dad also) - I always dream of them - sometimes the dream is so real I swear they are in the same room with me.

    Not long ago I read something very interesting.
    We are never alone. When we receive Jesus in the Eucharist - or when we are sitting with Him quietly in Adoration (of the Blessed Sacrament)- all our loved ones, who have gone home to God, are with us - for wherever Jesus is, so is the Communion of Saints.

    I bring Holy Communion to shut-ins every weekend. Many are elderly and alone. I always speak of this fact to them - that they are never alone. They find great comfort in my words. Well, not my words - the Holy Spirit.

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian, I am sorry for your loss. I am blessed to still have both of my parents with me. Your words are beautiful. The Holy Spirit has been inundating me with "words" and dreams. May the Lord forgive me, but often I procrastinate in writing them because of my pride. I don't want people to think I am crazy. The Lord doesn't want me to worry about what people think. He just wants me to listen to Him. "But do you gird your loins; stand up and tell them all that I command you. Be not crushed on their account, as though I would leave you crushed before them;....Jer.1:17

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary what a wonderful confirmation. God is so awesome!
    Hugs to you and mom!

    We are so blessed. I don't remember my dreams. But they sound so beautiful. My mom gets dreams. She once had a dream with me and Padre Pio in it. I don't remember all that she said but she also said my son Anthony was in it and he was standing on a tall building screaming, "make straight the paths of the Lord". Now if you know my son you would never imagine those words coming out of his mouth. lol. Still it is kinda cool to think about.

    Thank you for sharing! I don't think you are crazy but if any consolation they think I am too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't always remember my dreams. Some are just regular. When they come from the Lord, it is different. They are vivid, strong,and powerful; plus He usually wakes me up after. That's a great dream your mom had about your son. Padre Pio is one of my favorites. His picture is on the wall near my bed. Well, I guess we are both crazy....about God!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, I admire your strong faith and trust in God. May He always bless you for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't worry, Mary - to be crazy and full of Christ is the dream of every good Christian :)

    ReplyDelete