Saturday, August 8, 2009

Coincidence? No way!

Jesus was born in the town of Bethlehem. The meaning of the word Bethlehem is "House of Bread". Jesus was born in a manger, which is a feeding trough. He is the Bread of Life. Even the circumstances of His birth show signs of what He would become. How blessed we are to receive Our Lord Jesus Christ in the Holy Eucharist!

I drafted this the other day. I was about to print it but the Lord said, " Not yet." I didn't know why until I went to Mass today and heard the Gospel reading. Much to my surprise it was the " Bread of Life "discourse. Now I know why he wanted me to wait!
The Lord wants us to abandon ourselves completely into His hands. When we do this, we become like finely tuned instruments in a divine orchestra. Holy Communion helps us to do this by making us more attuned to the master conductor, Our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!! I LOVE finding gems like that in the life of Jesus that help us understand how to better love and know Him.

    ReplyDelete