Monday, August 10, 2009

From the mouths of babes




My daughter is on summer vacation, so some days I have to take her to work with me. Today was one of those days. It was a very hot day and the church has no air conditioning. I was vacuuming the church, dripping with sweat, and I started muttering and complaining,"Gee, is it hot in here!" After the third complaint, Michaela looked up at me and said, " But mommy, isn't it better to be hot and blessed than cool and unblessed?

Yes, sweetheart, it is better to be hot and blessed.

3 comments:

  1. They are amazing aren't they? I would of been complaining too with my low tolerance of heat...and God chose me to be a Carmelite?? : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smart daughter, great pictures! I love the one where you are looking at each other, makes me think about how God looks at us. You are both so beautiful, inside and out, what a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Anne. I love that one too!

    ReplyDelete