Sunday, August 9, 2009

" Prepare the Way "

I wrote yesterday's posting for a reason. The Lord is "The Divine Physician" and continually heals us if our hearts are open to Him. As great a blessing as this is, this is nothing new. What is new....is the pace at which the Lord is pouring these graces upon His people. The Lord is "ramping it up" for a reason. Many of you may have felt this inside you. Sometimes this healing comes with a little suffering as the Lord touches areas where we have not yet been healed. He is
" flooding the earth with mercy " and preparing us for the work that He has called us to do.

" Sow for yourselves justice,
reap the fruit of piety;
Break up for yourselves a new field,
for it is time to seek the Lord,
till he come and rain down justice upon you."

Hosea 10:12

Those who choose not to walk in His Mercy, will have to walk through His justice. The Lord longs
for us to turn to His Merciful Heart, but many are walking away from this mercy. The hearts of many are hardened by sin and He wants to heal them but they won't let Him in.

4 comments:

  1. I like how you say that sometimes the healing has to come with a little suffering. I think when we patiently bear with our sufferings, the healing is even sweeter. God always knows what he is doing. How can we ever doubt Him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! How can we ever doubt Him! Thank you, Lord for the gifts you are bestowing upon your childen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure is! Yesterday I called my mom to see how she was doing and my sister answered the phone. I can say, I had not one twinged of anger in me to even confront her about last week and all she said to my ex boyfriend from high school. I felt totally freed. God is so good. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's wonderful, Linda. If we give the hurts to the Lord as soon as they happen, they don't have a chance to fester inside us.

    ReplyDelete