Sunday, August 16, 2009

Say hello

One day, while my husband was out fishing, two men walked up to him. They greeted him and then asked him,"Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and savior?" Randy told them yes, he had. So, they started chatting with him. One of the men asked, "What about your wife?" Randy said,  "Yep, she's Catholic." (This was before Randy entered the Church.) The two men looked shocked. One of them exclaimed,"You do know she's going to hell, don't you?!!" My husband is not one to mince words. Poker faced, he looked at them and replied, "Well then....make sure y'all say hi!"

6 comments:

  1. That is the best response! Your husband sounds fabulous! I hope you gave him a big smooch for that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did! After I stopped laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh...that gave me a great laugh. What quick wit!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahahahahahah - fantastic response :)

    Some people really think they're God - they know exactly who will go to heaven and who to hell! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Randy is quick with the comebacks. Nothing sneaks past him! Usually, he likes to talk to people about God but comments like this irritate him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He can out wit his 'ol mom too...i just pout and go on...(ha)

    ReplyDelete