Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Tug of war

Imagine this:

A long chain. The devil and his onions (oops! I meant minions.... though, come to think about it, their odor is quite sulfurous) are at one end, satan is the canker. (Is that correct? I looked it up. Yep, an ulcerous sore, that sounds about right.) Now, on the other end are the saints and Jesus is the anchor. We are in the middle somewhere. Every time people lean on the Lord the chain goes His way and vice (pun intended) versa. Along comes a beautiful Lady. She whispers something in The Lord's ear. The Lord looks thunderous then gives her a nod. She stands behind the weaker ones and gives a mighty tug. The demons collapse in a heap on the other side. What do you think Our lady said to Jesus?

She simply said, " He (satan) cheats." And he does. He attacks us in all our weakest areas. Look around our broken world. But we have the Lord to lean on...... and this makes all the difference.

Pray the Rosary. I was one of those weaker ones and I have received many graces through her intercession. The Lord never refuses her requests because she never refused Him. Like a mother, she simply carries us and brings us to her son.


Thank you, Jesus , for giving us your mother.

11 comments:

  1. Mary! I just love your analogy. Our Lady loves to bring us to Jesus. A woman at the prayer meeting a few weeks ago had a vision of Mary's children just jumping out of her hands. They just don't realize how much we need her prayers and graces. I am not good with the Rosary but I do call on Mary alot during the day, Mama I need you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Linda. Calling on Mary like you do is the same as praying the Rosary. It is the heart that matters. You remind me of The Little Flower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! Just wonderful! I love the puns and you are so right, of course he cheats! The rosary works wonders! Keep praying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Anne. I have a silly sense of humor, but I couldn't resist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. " Jesus is the Anchor!" I love that! I also love the pun too! The rosary is so beautiful! Thank you for posting this! You are an inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was trying to post earlier today about how silly you are. I love the confirmation in my spirit to what you said here. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, John. I just realized today that you are Anne's son! May God bless you with much light during your discernment process.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda, I have always been silly! That's how He made me. Good thing the Lord has a great sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well God's sense of humor has a way of growing on us. At first it may not seem so, but give it time and we can laugh together with God. lol.
    Usually we are laughing at ourselves and how ridiculous we act some times. But I do love the silliness.,

    ReplyDelete
  10. I often go to Confession at a Benedictine Monastery close to my home. My confessor is a Benedictine monk. Now - I am old fashion. I like the screen between the priest and me. When I am kneeling and looking at the screen - I can see this priest holding the Rosary in his hands. Every time I go - I see the Rosary. And he never fails to mention the power of the Rosary - the power of Our Lady. It is the finest prayer.....

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brian,
    I like the screen between the priest and me too! You painted a beautiful picture in my mind with your words. May God bless you too!

    ReplyDelete