Saturday, August 1, 2009

The power of intercessory prayer, pt.2

Here is another post from my mother and, yes, this really happened. I also worked for this woman when my mom did. Here is her post:

This is an example of how God can use us to bless others.


I was praying with a very good friend one morning. During the prayer time, I had a very strong impression that this lady I once worked for, was in grave danger. I told my friend I had to leave and warn this lady right away. I drove to her house, and I frantically prayed, " Lord, if this is from you, please protect her life. When I got there, I rang and rang, but no one was home.

I dismissed the mental image I had, thinking I was in error. But I kept praying for her...a burning prayer.

Within a few days, I met a friend of hers and she told me this lady was in the hospital. I went to visit her. She confided to me that she and her husband had split up; and that she was living with this man she had met through friends. They had a quarrel. She was watching tv in her family room. He came to the entrance of the room, pointed a gun at her and fired. [He was about ten feet away.] She remembered putting her hands up to her face. The bullet grazed her finger, entered her jaw and went right through her shoulder. She was going to be okay, her boyfriend was arrested and jailed. He claimed it was an accident. I don't know what happened after that.

Why was I given this very strong message that her life was in danger? I assume God wanted me to warn her and pray for her. Her life was saved by a most merciful God.

Dorothea

1 comment:

  1. Thanx Mary.

    I've heard of similar events. God does speak to people, but we're no always receptive.

    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete